What is coming up in the months ahead… We are excited to have so much happening!
- A team is in Nairobi, Kenya, where Equitas and our local partner will host a training for community human rights educators from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Together with our Haitian partners, we’re designing a program that will empower women and vulnerable groups to find and implement solutions to the problems they face in their communities, giving them vital experience in building a democratic society
- We’re preparing a training session for youth workers for our Montreal Speaking Rights program which promotes respect for diversity, non-discrimination and youth participation in their communities. Since the project’s inception only two years ago, over 4,000 youth from 103 organizations in Montreal have participated! Speaking Rights was recently launched in British Columbia, involving over 400 youth from 25 organizations.
- Our Play it Fair! program is gearing up for another summer. We expect 60,000 children to participate this summer. Since 2005, over 200,000 children in Canada have participated in this amazing program!
- Together with our partners in the Middle East and North Africa, we are putting the final touches on the new toolkit on citizenship and civic participation. This will be followed by human rights activities in five countries in the region.
- And much more!