An Opportunity for Canadian Youth
to become Speaking Rights Youth Changemakers
Participate in the Speaking Rights Youth Changemakers Forum in Montreal from November 30th to December 3rd, 2017
Deadline to submit your application : Sunday September 24th, 11:59pm (Local Time in Montreal, QC).
More than 2000 young people are working with Equitas and youth-serving organizations building more inclusive and respectful communities across Canada! It’s about action! Together, we are:
- creating safe and respectful spaces where all youth can participate and belong.
- promoting greater inter-cultural understanding, and respect for human rights (e.g. gender equality, equal access to services, security)
- addressing cultural stereotypes and systemic discrimination
- bridging gaps between newcomer youth and all youth
Youth taking part in this initiative reflect the broad diversity of young people in Canada. They differ in terms of their experiences, backgrounds, and contexts in which they have grown up in but share a common desire to make change in their community. Join US!
APPLY IF YOU ARE:
- making your community more respectful and inclusive (For ex. organizing activities for diverse youth, planning a music show highlighting different cultures, etc…).
- working with other people in your community (other youth, a network, or an organization) on a project.
- 18-25 years’ old
- available to travel to Montreal November 29th to December 3
- can communicate in French and/or English (sign language and accessibility tools can be provided)
- living in Canada
HOW TO APPLY (three steps):
1. Fill this online Application Form .
2. Tell us about yourself and why you want to join us :
- How are you making your community more respectful and inclusive?
- What are you doing about issues in your community that are important to you? How are you using your passions to make change?
- Why is being a part of change important to you?
- How would being part of the National Speaking Rights Changemakers Network help you reach your goal?
- Anything else you would like to share with us about yourself and/or your community?
- Questions can be answered by submitting a photo, video, spoken word performance, a text, or the media of your choice. You can be creative.
3. Provide a reference letter or letter of support: it can be from someone you work with in the community, community leader, teacher, youth worker, religious leader, etc.
PRESS SEND > Upload these documents to the online Application Form or send it to Anne-Sarah Côté, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday September 24th, 11:59pm (Local Time in Montreal, QC).
* By submiting your appliction, you understand that these images may be used by Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education and its partners for promotional, training or any other purpose. I grant full permission for this image to be used, free of all restriction or conditions, in all media, in perpetuity, throughout the world.
You can download this call in PDF here.
Or check out the call video :
Equitas encourages the empowerment of diverse communities of youth and recognizes that living under marginalization and oppression often brings both challenges and valuable skills and perspectives. Indigenous people, people of color, people with precarious immigration status, people with disabilities, women, two-spirited and queer people, trans people, and other candidates who experience marginalization are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to creating a movement as diverse as the communities we serve. Please let us know if we can do anything to make it easier and/or more comfortable for you to join.
Contact Anne-Sarah Côté at email@example.com