The call for international applications for the 2017 session of the IHRTP is now closed. We invite you to visit our website regularly to stay informed about our programs and activities. The next call for applications for the IHRTP will open in October 2017.
“The IHRTP has been by far the best human rights training I have ever attended.”
- Alaa Murabit, Physician, founder of Voice of Libyan Women and Equitas alumna (2012)
We are still accepting applications from Canadian residents until March 23, 2017. WANT TO APPLY?
1. View our Program Information in PDF (or click here »» to view the online version)
2. Read our 4-step Online Application Process Guide in PDF (or click here »» to view the online version)
3. Fill out your application form online: https://contactequitas.force.com/
4. Join your Memorandum of Agreement , two letters of reference and the brochure to your online application.
*** NEW application process – We encourage you to start your online application as soon as possible to ensure it is completed in due time. You can modify and update your application form online any time before submitting it. IMPORTANT: The application form can only be filled out on a computer, NOT a phone or a tablet.
Need help? Watch the application tutorial video. http://screencast.com/t/KyhcMmJYy
“ For the past 38 years, Equitas’ International Human Rights Training Program has helped to create one of the largest international communities of human rights leaders. This network of over 3,600 human rights defenders were trained here in Montreal, and are playing critical roles in making their countries better places to live for the most vulnerable and marginalized.”
- Ian Hamilton, Equitas Executive Director
This program is undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada.