Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
Location: Amman, Jordan
Status: Full-time from May 15, 2017 to May 15, 2018 (with possible renewal)
Application deadline: April 22, 2017
Starting Date: May 15, 2017
View the job posting in arabic here (pdf).
Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education, is a non-profit organization based in Montreal, that advances equality, social justice and respect for human dignity through innovative education programs globally.
Equitas is currently seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to support the implementation of its human rights education activities in Jordan. It is a one-year contract with an initial probation period of six months. There is possibility to renew the contract for the duration of the project (2017- 2020). The Coordinator must be of Jordanian nationality or have a Jordanian work permit.
Reporting to the Equitas Program Officer, Middle East and North Africa, the Project coordinator leads the coordination and the management of Technological Bridges for Citizen Engagement Project in Jordan. A three-year initiative aiming to empower youth, women and marginalized groups, in particular persons living with disabilities to engage, using technology, in democratic processes and enjoy and exercise their human rights. In addition to Jordan, the project will also be implemented in Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt.
Based in the office of Ruwwad for Development, he/she will be working closely with the teams of Ruwwad for Development and Equitas. The Coordinator working conditions will be in line with Ruwwad policies and procedures, as well as those included in the Contribution Agreement of the Technological Bridges for Citizen Engagement Project of Equitas and funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
Among other responsibilities, the Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the planning process of the project’s activities in Jordan,
- Ensure coordination of the project with the various project stakeholders, namely Equitas, Ruwwad for Development, various Jordanian civic society organisations, activity participants, local leaders and community representatives as well as other stakeholders in Jordan),
- Coordinate timely implementation of project’s activities,
- Ensure sound administrative and financial management of the project,
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the implemented activities,
- Contribute in the development of education material,
- Coordinate the development of the content and the postings of the project’s online platform,
- Conduct regular contextual assessment and share timely emerging issues related to the project to both Ruwwad for Development and the Equitas representatives,
- Conduct networking and sharing activities with established, likeminded organizations and other actors for knowledge and experience sharing and to create synergies between initiatives.
- University degree in administration, law, social or political science, education or any other relevant field.
- Five to seven year experience in project management and project/program development in the NGO or social sector: coordination and communication with various stakeholders (civil society organizations, government representatives, donors, journalists, trainings’ participants, consultants, hotels, rental services).
- Proven knowledge, understanding and programming experience of human rights, human rights education (HRE), and social justice issues. Experience in conducting HRE activities is an asset.
- Have a good knowledge of civil society organizations, government, UN and / or networks involved in development and social justice in Jordan.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated leadership capacity.
- Excellent financial management skills, with knowledge of accounting software, an important asset.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to problem solve and to think and act independently.
- A high level of integrity, tact and discretion.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work well in a pressurized environment with multiple competing demands.
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing would be an asset.
- Proven linguistic skills in English and Arabic (both oral and written).
- Commitment to Ruwwad for Development and Equitas’ mission and values
- Ability to work well in a team
- Availability to work flexible hours during project’ activities
- Ability to travel up to 2 to 3 times a year for an average of a week at a time
Applicants must have the right to work in Jordan. Equitas supports employment practices that promote diversity and respect human rights and offers a competitive salary and benefits for a program position in the NGO sector.
Please direct your cover letter and resume by April 22, 2017 to:
Ms. Nadjet Bouda
Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
666 Sherbrooke St. West, suite 1100
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants under consideration will be contacted.