Title: Program Administration and Finance Officer
Organization: Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
Terms: Full-time, one-year contract with possibility of renewal
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Start Date: May 1, 2017
Salary Scale: 40 000 $ – 44 000 $ (commensurate with experience) + benefits
Application deadline: April 19, 2017, 16h
Only applicants currently eligible to work in Canada can be considered.
Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education, is a non-profit organization based in Montreal that works to advance equality, social justice and respect for human dignity through innovative education programs globally. Equitas is currently looking for a Program Administration and Finance Officer.
Reporting to the Program Management Officer, the Program Administration and Finance Officer provides the financial, administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of Equitas’ programs, in particular the program in West and Central Africa.
Working in close collaboration with the project teams, the Program Administration and Finance Officer will be responsible for:
Financial support (60%)
• Support project teams in the preparation of financial reports
• Verify financial reports submitted by local partners and consolidate data according to donor requirements;
• Follow-up with local partners in the preparation of financial reports and support them in order to establish adequate financial controls;
• Assist in the preparation of financial documents required for program audits.
Administrative support (20%)
• Support the development and implementation of tools and procedures for administrative and financial management of programs;
• Collaborate in the preparation and follow-up of files for reports to various donors;
• Collaborate in the processing and analysis of program evaluation data;
• Compiling, editing and translating certain documents using relevant software;
• Support the filing and archiving of documents and correspondence required in both paper and electronic formats;
• On request, carry out research and prepare syntheses for the development of project proposals or the implementation of activities;
• On request, support the preparation and editing of proposals and ensure that all requirements are met.
Logistics support (20%)
• Ensure logistics for the organization and preparation of field missions (mission schedule, purchase of air tickets, reservations, expense account, etc.);
• Undertake necessary administrative procedures with embassies or external contacts in the preparation of visa applications, etc.
• Contribute to the harmonization and conformity of the administrative and financial management practices of programs promoting a culture of learning and innovative organization;
• Upon request, carry out other duties related to his or her competence and to the proper functioning of the organization;
• Work closely with other staff of Equitas’ Program, Education, Finance and Administration Units.
Skills and competencies required
• Demonstrated experience in financial management (2 to 4 years)
• Good organization and planning and respect of deadlines
• Excellent computer and data management skills
• Good ability to conduct simple searches and maintain databases and records
• Initiative, judgment and problem-solving skills
• Good ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Interpersonal skills: tact, diplomacy and discretion
• Excellent command of both official languages of Canada, spoken and written
• Commitment to the mission and values of Equitas
• Experience working in a multicultural environment
• Work experience in the non-profit sector
• Undergraduate university degree in administration, management or related field.
Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from members of aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits for a program position in the NGO sector.
Please direct your resume with a letter explaining your motivation in applying in one document to:
Ms. Nathalie Rodrigues, Equitas : firstname.lastname@example.org
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants under consideration will be contacted.