Title : Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Officer
Location : Montreal, Canada
Status : Contract (10 months), Full time, 35 hours/week
Salary range: 50,073$- 55, 811$
Application deadline: May 10th 2023
Start date: June 2023
Be a part of positive social change
Imagine working for an organization whose primary mission is to advance equality, social justice and respect for human dignity. Imagine that your work aligns with your personal values and that you participate every day in creating positive social change through transformative human rights education programs. Alongside 60 like-minded colleagues in Canada and partners around the world, you could help empower people to address inequality and discrimination, and work to build more inclusive and rights-respecting communities with Equitas.
Reporting to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Officer ensures that Equitas fulfills its accountability obligations to its funders and enables project teams and the organization to make informed decisions about adjustments (if any) or next steps in the implementation of a project.
The position is primarily attached to the Advancing Equality through Human Rights Education project, but also plays a cross-cutting role that goes beyond this project and supports the broader organization and other projects. As the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Officer, you workclosely with the program managers, education specialists, and the gender advisor and knowledge manager. You support the coordination of the monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting process of the Advancing Equality through Human Rights Education project, in collaboration with the project teams.
Tasks and responsibilities
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Officer in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for the organization’s programs.
- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability activities for the organization’s programs.
- Ensure effective coordination of monitoring, evaluation and accountability activities with program teams and partners.
- Participate in the development of monitoring, evaluation and accountability plans and budgets for the organization’s programs.
- Ensure regular updating of monitoring and evaluation databases to enable ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program progress.
- Participate in the analysis of monitoring and evaluation data to identify key trends and results, and propose recommendations for program improvement.
Planning and coordination of the reporting process:
- Collaborate with program teams to develop detailed work plans for data collection and reporting.
- Support program team coordination to ensure timely and reliable data collection for reporting.
- Coordinate the reporting process for the organization’s programs.
- Participate in data collection and analysis to produce quality reports that reflect the results of monitoring, evaluation and accountability activities, and provide recommendations for improving program implementation.
- Contribute to the production of progress and evaluation reports for partners and external stakeholders, ensuring that they are clear, concise and of high quality.
- Contribute to capacity building of program team members in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Knowledge acquisition and sharing:
- Design and implement knowledge acquisition and sharing processes for the organization’s programs.
- Ensure the collection and dissemination of best practices, lessons learned and evaluation results to improve program effectiveness.
- Ensure the organization’s active participation in relevant networks and communities of practice.
- Contribute to the organization of workshops and trainings on monitoring, evaluation and accountability methods for program team members.
- Contribute to the establishment of stakeholder feedback mechanisms to enable continuous program improvement.
- Contribute to the development of theories of change, logic frameworks, and performance measurement frameworks for the organization’s programs in collaboration with program teams.
- Provide technical assistance in the development of monitoring and evaluation systems aligned with theories of change, logical frameworks and performance measurement frameworks.
- Contribute to the identification of key program areas for the organization, conducting needs and context analyses.
- Support the development of program proposals by providing advice on monitoring, evaluation and accountability.
Who are you?
You are passionate about human rights and social justice. You are motivated by and strongly committed to Equitas’ mission, vision and values. You are motivated to foster an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of the Equitas community. You have proven conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated competencies in designing, implementing and evaluating training programs. You have demonstrated facilitation skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
What is essential for the role
- University degree in international development, humanities, political science, project management or related field.
- 5 years experience in designing, planning and implementing monitoring, evaluation and accountability systems for international development programs.
- Analytical and data management skills, including knowledge and experience working with Excel at the intermediate level, or any other tool used for M&E data management
- Written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of gender sensitive approaches and results-based management principles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, building effective working relationships in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
Asset for the position
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, particularly in the non-profit organization sector
What we offer
- We offer the chance to be a part of and make up a diverse and engaged team of people that are all meaningfully contributing to positive social change in Canada and around the world in their own way.
- We value self-care, inclusion, and empathy towards all team members and place a strong emphasis on work-life balance. In addition to vacation time, we offer 2 weeks off over the winter holidays.
- We’re all about learning and offer all employees the opportunity to participate in Learning Committees based on their interests and participate in a workplace culture that is constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate
- We believe in trust and openness and offer a flexible work environment.
- We believe in creating space for everyone to lead and offer opportunities within our governance structure to allow for individuals in all roles to take on opportunities for leadership.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive salary for the NGO sector, 3 weeks paid vacation (4 weeks after 3 years), paid personal days, medical, dental, and life insurance, a group RRSP, and much more!
Given the nature of our work, Equitas strongly encourages applications from any candidates who have experienced marginalization, in particular, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, 2SLGBTQI+ people, and people living with disabilities. Candidates who wish to do so may self-identify in their application.
At Equitas, we do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, violence, or abuse of any form. All employment offers are conditional on the signing of Equitas’ Human Resources Policy, our Policy on Preventing Sexual Violence, Harassment and Discrimination, and satisfactory references.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information about Equitas consult our website’s Who are we section at equitas.org
How to apply?
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Officer in the subject line before May 10th 2023 to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.