Title: Fund Development Officer
Location: Montréal, Canada and remote work
Status: Full time- 35 hours/week (hybrid work)
Salary range: $47.000 – $60.000
Application deadline: August 22, 2022 (Applications analyzed upon receipt)
Start date: As soon as possible
Be a part of positive social change
Imagine working for an organization whose primary mission is to advance equality, social justice and respect for human dignity. Imagine that your work aligns with your personal values and that you participate every day in creating positive social change through transformative human rights education programs. Alongside 55 like-minded colleagues in Canada and partners around the world, you could help empower people to address inequality and discrimination, and work to build more inclusive and rights-respecting communities with Equitas.
Equitas is seeking a highly motivated Fund Development Officer with a passion for human rights, equality and inclusion and experience in fundraising. Under the responsibility of the Director of Communications and Development, the Fund Development Officer plays a key role in the coordination and execution of the Fund Development activities with a view to grow unrestricted revenues to support the success and impact of Equitas’ educational programs in Canada and internationally. They contribute to the elaboration and implementation of Equitas’ strategies and coordinates and participates in activities related to fundraising. They work closely with the Communications and Development team as well as the Board’s Communications and Development Committee.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Development, coordinate the implementation of Equitas’ leadership gifts strategy
- Use tools at your disposal to develop processes for identifying prospective donors and contribute to the development of strategies for approaching individual and corporate donors
- Develop and coordinate the annual fundraising campaign
- Draft funding requests to foundations and outreach emails to donors
- Contribute to the organization, promotion and planning of fundraising events
- Work in close collaboration with the Communications team in ensuring that Equitas’ online engagement strategies (social media, web, etc.) are optimized to support fundraising goals
- Further develop donor profiles and analyze donor data to help guide fund development strategies
- Ensure donors are thanked and recognized appropriately and receive receipts for donations as required
- Perform such other administrative and logistics tasks as assigned and required for the success of Equitas and its fund development strategy (e.g.: budget support and coordination with Finance, MailChimp list management, development of visuals in Canva, annual report send-out coordination, monitoring success and KPIs, etc.)
You’re passionate about human rights and social justice. You’re motivated by and have strong commitment to Equitas’ mission, vision, and values. You’re motivated by challenges and you have a proven track record of successfully raising funds. You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to write dynamic fundraising pieces and inspire people to support Equitas’ mission.
What is essential for role
- Eager to learn and excited about fundraising for human rights
- Eligibility to work in Canada and be based in Montreal.
- University degree in a relevant field for the position, such as Communications, Project Management, Marketing, Business Development, International Development, etc.
- Three to five (3 to 5) years of relevant experience in the implementation of fundraising and/or communications activities
- Proficiency in both English and French in writing and orally.
- Experience with databases, specifically ProDon and/or Salesforce an asset; otherwise interest and ability to master new technological environments and problem solve
- Mastery of Office suite and solid IT skills
What is an asset to the role
- Experience with event organization
- Experience in the fields of human rights, human rights education, and/or social justice issues
- Experience working in a multicultural setting
What we offer
- We offer the chance to be a part of and make up a diverse and engaged team who are all meaningfully contributing to positive social change in Canada and around the world in their own way.
- We value self-care, inclusion and empathy towards all team members and place a strong emphasis on work-life balance. In addition to vacation time, we offer 2 weeks off over the winter holidays.
- We’re all about learning and offer all employees the opportunity to participate in Learning Committees based on their interests and participate in a workplace culture that is constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate.
- We have a centrally located office with a beautiful view of Mont-Royal (although we’re currently operating remotely).
- We believe in trust and openness and offer a ﬂexible work environment.
- We believe in creating space for everyone to lead and offer opportunities within our governance structure to allow for individuals in all roles to take on opportunities for leadership.
- We offer a comprehensive beneﬁts package which includes a competitive salary for the NGO sector, 3 weeks paid vacation (4 weeks after 3 years), paid personal days, medical, dental and life insurance, a group RRSP and much more!
Given the nature of our work, Equitas strongly encourages applications from any candidates who have experienced marginalization, in particular, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, LGBTQ2I people, and people living with disabilities. Candidates who wish to do so may self-identify in their application.
At Equitas, we do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, violence, or abuse of any form. All employment offers are conditional of the signing of Equitas’ Human Resources Policy, our Policy on Preventing Sexual Violence, Harassment and Discrimination and satisfactory references.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
How to apply? Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Fund Development Officer in the subject line by August 22, 2022 to: