Title: Communications and Development Coordinator
Location: Montréal, Canada and remote work
Status: Full time- 35 hours/week (hybrid work)
Salary range: $40.365 – $50.903
Application deadline: February 22nd, 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
Be a part of positive social change
Imagine working for an organization whose primary mission is to advance equality, social justice and respect for human dignity. Imagine that your work aligns with your personal values and that you participate every day in creating positive social change through transformative human rights education programs. Alongside 55 like-minded colleagues in Canada and partners around the world, you could help empower people to address inequality and discrimination, and work to build more inclusive and rights-respecting communities with Equitas.
The Communications and Development Coordinator supports the implementation of Equitas’ fundraising and communications strategies. They participate in the development, coordination and administrative support of fundraising and communications activities. They also work closely with the Communications and Community Officer and the Fund Development Officer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Philanthropic and events component
- Collaborate in the design, preparation and monitoring of annual campaigns, coordinate regular and electronic direct mail
- Participate in the organization and conduct of cultivation and fundraising events
- Participate in the preparation and drafting of funding applications and solicitation strategies
- Recruit, guide and support volunteer efforts in fund development
General management and administration
- Rigorously controls fundraising budgets, forecasts, income and expenditure
- Produce different reports based on performance indicators to track objectives
- Process donations in the Prodon software and perform data entry and updates of donor and partner information
- Ensure the issuance of tax receipts and thank you letters
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on all current and potential donors (companies, foundations and individuals) is recorded in the corresponding databases and filing systems
- Take notes of communications and development committee meetings
- Coordinate work with suppliers: printers, graphic designers, etc.
- Performs regular administrative tasks: mail, preparation of letters, presentations and various documents, etc.
- Support the communications team to ensure that online engagement strategies of Equitas be optimized to support fundraising goals
- Ensure the management and maintenance of the Equitas website: updating of web pages, etc.
- Prepare newsletters and manage lists and shipments according to the schedule
- General support – visual creation, social media, writing and translation
- Manage equitas’ image bank
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of promotional documents and communications materials
- Track web metrics and social media
- Carry out any other necessary for the success of Equitas and its development strategies funds and communications
You’re passionate about human rights and social justice. You’re motivated by and have strong commitment to Equitas’ mission, vision, and values. You’re motivated by challenges and you have excellent communication and administration skills.
What is essential for role
- A passion for human rights and a commitment to Equitas’ missions and values
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the position (such as in Communications, Project Management, Marketing, Business Development, International Development, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fund development, communication or administration
- Experience with databases; proficiency in ProDon and/or Salesforce an asset; otherwise, an interest and ability to master the environment of new technologies and problem solving
What is an asset to the role
- Experience in event organization an asset
- Experience working in a multicultural environment an asset
- Experience in the fields of human rights, human rights education and/or social justice themes an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of WordPress, social media and the following platforms an asset: MailChimp or equivalent, Canva or equivalent, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite
- Good command of both official languages of Canada (English and French), written and spoken daily
What we offer
- We offer the chance to be a part of and make up a diverse and engaged team who are all meaningfully contributing to positive social change in Canada and around the world in their own way.
- We value self-care, inclusion and empathy towards all team members and place a strong emphasis on work-life balance. In addition to vacation time, we offer 2 weeks off over the winter holidays.
- We’re all about learning and offer all employees the opportunity to participate in Learning Committees based on their interests and participate in a workplace culture that is constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate.
- We have a centrally located office with a beautiful view of Mont-Royal (although we’re currently operating remotely).
- We believe in trust and openness and offer a ﬂexible work environment.
- We believe in creating space for everyone to lead and offer opportunities within our governance structure to allow for individuals in all roles to take on opportunities for leadership.
- We offer a comprehensive beneﬁts package which includes a competitive salary for the NGO sector, 3 weeks paid vacation (4 weeks after 3 years), paid personal days, medical, dental and life insurance, a group RRSP and much more!
Given the nature of our work, Equitas strongly encourages applications from any candidates who have experienced marginalization, in particular, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, LGBTQ2I people, and people living with disabilities. Candidates who wish to do so may self-identify in their application.
At Equitas, we do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, violence, or abuse of any form. All employment offers are conditional of the signing of Equitas’ Human Resources Policy, our Policy on Preventing Sexual Violence, Harassment and Discrimination and satisfactory references.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
How to apply? Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Communications and Development Coordinator in the subject line by February 22, 2022 to: