Play it Fair! Day 2012
Suggested date: around August 12, International Youth Day Age: 6-12 years old Time: variable (you can pick and choose the type and length of activities) Group size: variable (you can combine several groups or even camps) Location: at your camp or at a nearby park Values: cooperation, respect, respect for diversity, responsibility, inclusion, acceptance, fairness
What is Play it Fair! Day? Play it Fair! Day is a chance for the children and staff in your camp to participate in a special event together highlighting children’s rights and participation by playing Play it Fair! games; it is also a good opportunity to promote your camp by inviting parents, members of the community or local press to see what you are doing. Goals for the day
- To promote children’s active participation and human rights values while having fun
- To promote children’s rights and Play it Fair! in your local community
- To participate in a national event in support of children’s rights
How can your camp get involved? Getting involved in Play it Fair! Day is as simple as 1-2-3!
- Read the Play it Fair! Day guide we will send you in July
- Decide which elements of the day your camp will take part in and start planning
- Host your Play it Fair! Day and have fun!
We will be in touch in July with more details. For more information about Play it Fair! Day or other Play it Fair! activities, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)or check out the website (www.equitas.org) Download the Play it Fair Day flyer