POSITION TITLE: Coordination Assistant – International Human Rights Training Program Every year, during the month of June, Equitas hosts a 3-week, intensive International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP) at John Abbott College in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, where approximately 90 human rights workers from over 50 countries come to gain knowledge, skills and strategies related to human rights education. LOCATION: Montreal and Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Canada DUTIES/JOB DESCRIPTION: The intern will be placed as a Coordination Assistant for the International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP). The position entails a combination of the following responsibilities: logistical and administrative support prior to and during the program in June. REQUIREMENTS:
- Very organized;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of computers;
- Fully bilingual;
- Enjoy working with others;
- Strong interest in human rights education;
- Availability to work on week-ends and evenings when necessary;
- Ability to drive a car is an asset. Please indicate in your cover letter.
- This internship length varies between 8 to 12 weeks (May and June 2016).
RENUMERATION: $13 per hour Applicants must have the right to work in Canada. Equitas supports employment practices that promote diversity and respect human rights. Please direct your cover letter and resume by February 5, 2016 to: Ms. Isabelle Bourgeois Program Coordinator E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants under consideration will be contacted.