Title: Program Officer – Level 2 (PO2) – Canada
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, 12-months contract (leave replacement)
Application deadline: November 20, 2019
Start date: December 11, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and interested in supporting Equitas with our program in Canada? Do you have proven experience in program development and implementation and a demonstrated track record of leading strategy on? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After celebrating 50 of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world.
Equitas is seeking a highly motivated Program Officer, level 2 who cares passionately about human rights, equality, and inclusion; and is experienced in project development. Reporting to the Associate Director of Programs, Canada the successful candidate will lead the implementation of Equitas innovative human rights education programs focused on building children and youth leadership and community action in Quebec and across Canada.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Leading strategy as well as administration, financial management, and evaluation of the projects under his/her responsibility in collaboration with colleagues on the Canadian program
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders who make up Equitas national network
- Coordinating local and national-level human rights education activities
- Developing funding proposals and managing funder relations
- Contributing actively to communications and knowledge building and sharing activities (KBS) related to the Canadian program (including social medias, and youth online platform)
- Collaborating closely with other members of the project team, staff from the Equitas’ Program, Education, Communication, Finance, and Administration Units, as well as with interns, volunteers, outside consultants, and partners
- Other duties as determined in consultation with the Associate Director of Programs.
Skills and experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in project management: excellent planning, budgeting, and organizational skills
- Proven experience developing project proposals, securing funds and managing relationships with donor agencies
- Experience in partnership development and experience working in the NGO sector; experience at a national level is an asset
- Facilitation skills and experience working with community organizations and/or schools delivering programs for children and youth
- Knowledge of human rights education and/or social justice issues in Quebec and Canada
- Excellent communication and writing skills in French and English (experience with socials and web site management)
- Analytical skills and the ability to act independently
- Ability to do multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a cross-cultural environment with a diversity of partners
- Enthusiasm, tact, and adaptability
- Strong skills in information management (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience in InDesign is an asset)
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values
- Ability to travel up to 3 to 6 times a year for an average of 4-5 days at a time
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
- Bilingual in French and English
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits for a program position in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and PO2 Canada in the subject line by November 20, 2019, to:
Catalina Lomanto – email@example.com