Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Advisor
Organization: Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, 12-month contract, with possibility of renewal, 35 hours/per week
Application deadline: December 13, 2019
Start date: January 14, 2020
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and interested in supporting Equitas? Do you have proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you!
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. Equitas is dedicated to advancing equality, social justice and respect for human dignity in Canada and around the world through human rights education.
Equitas is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Advisor (MERA) to provide strategic direction for the monitoring, evaluation and reporting components of Equitas’ project portfolio and overall programme delivery. Reporting to the Program Management Officer, this person will work in close consultation with the Director of Programs, the Director of Education, the Associate Director of Programs – Canada, and the Gender Advisor. S/he is expected to maintain close working relations with the project and learning teams to ensure synergies are made between projects in terms of monitoring, evaluation and reporting, and that lessons learnt and outcomes are integrated into Equitas’ work. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a coherence of data collection methodology and tools, data management, analysis and use across projects and for providing high quality analysis of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) information. S/he will develop the capacity of the Equitas staff to use M&E processes and tools to support planning, data collection, analysis and reporting. S/he will also provide coaching and technical support to the project teams.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Lead strategic program monitoring, evaluation and knowledge sharing design and practice to support the realization of project-level and organizational-level results;
- Coordinate the implementation of project M&E framework and plans – including the Logic Model, Performance Measurement framework and evaluation plan – in close collaboration with the Program Management Officer, Director of Education, Director of Programs, the Associate Director of Programs – Canada, Gender Advisor, and members of the Equitas project teams and with partner organizations overseas;
- Coordinate the development of M&E tools and provides strategic direction and guidance to the project teams for gathering data to monitor achievement of key results of the project;
- Provide support and strategic guidance to project teams in planning for and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, data management, analysis and use;
- Ensure project monitoring and evaluation processes are applied to facilitate learning and sharing of experiences across the organization and learning is integrated into project design;
- Lead documentation of good practices and creation of knowledge-sharing tools related to Equitas’ work in monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Ensure timely submission and quality of annual plans and reports as stipulated in the project agreements through providing guidance, coordinating preparation and drafting and reviewing reports;
- Ensure that performance indicators and targets are being met and remain relevant and in accordance with the project design and work plan;
- Work in close collaboration with the Evaluation Learning Team to lead efforts to build staff capacity in M&E and reporting (including training and coaching support, and development of guidance and tools);
- Contribute to capacity building of partners to support the integration of M&E and reporting into their respective human rights education activities and organizational practices;
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions for other projects, including theory of change development, log frame and PMF design and development of M&E strategies.
Skills and experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in program/project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in either national or international development of human rights organizations;
- University-level academic or professional training in international development, human rights and/or program monitoring and evaluation considered an asset;
- Experience with diverse monitoring and evaluation methods, including how to collect data from organizations working at the grassroots level;
- Experience in setting up and managing project monitoring and evaluation system;
- Recent experience in developing Logic Model and Performance Management Frameworks and project reporting for Global Affairs Canada is a strong asset;
- Understanding of a human rights-based approach and gender-based analysis is strongly desired;
- Good knowledge of results-based management (RBM);
- Excellent management and coordination skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills: tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Experience in working in a cross-cultural setting;
- Ability to communicate orally, and read and understand documents, in both of Canada’s official languages (English and French); and excellent writing skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing, database, tools and monitoring and evaluation tools, knowledge of Salesforce
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values, experience working in a non-profit organization on human rights or social justice issues;
- Someone who will bring, enthusiasm, dynamism and innovation to Equitas;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
- Bilingual in English and French
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Advisor in the subject line by December 13, 2019 to:
Catalina Lomanto – firstname.lastname@example.org