Title: Fundraising Events Coordinator
Status: Full time, 6 months contract, 35 hours/per week, with possibility of renewal
Start date: September 24, 2018
Salary Range: $39,000 – $45,000 + benefits, pro rated
Application deadline: September 10, 2018 before 10 a.m.
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and want to help raise funds for an important cause? Do you understand the logistics involved in event planning and what makes an event a success? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After recently celebrating 50 of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world.
Equitas is seeking a highly motivated fundraising professional who cares passionately about human rights, equality and inclusion and is experienced in the organization of fundraising events. The Fund Development Events Coordinator will organize our two annual fundraising events – a gala in Montreal in November 2018 and a cocktail in Toronto in March 2019 – and will coordinate our annual fundraising campaign from October 12 – December 10, 2018. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will work closely with the Communications Manager, the Board of Directors Chair and the Board’s Fund Development Committee.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
Coordination of Fundraising Events
- Manage invitations and ticket sales for approximately 250 guests in Montreal and 125 guests in Toronto
- Event planning, logistics and organization, including managing relations with the venues, caterers and suppliers
- Coordinate and support the work of the Board Fund Development Committee to identify and secure event sponsors and sell tickets
- Recruit, orient and support efforts of fund development volunteers as needed
- Work closely with Equitas’ Communications Manager on a marketing strategy to ensure events’ success
- Manage follow up, including preparation of financial and narrative reports and thank yous
Coordination of the Annual Campaign
- Coordinate the logistics of the annual campaign such as printing, mail-merge, mailing, etc.
- Receive donations, prepare reports and provide adequate recognition to donors through thank you calls and/or letters
Other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director, time permitting.
Skills and Experience:
- One to three years fundraising or special events experience within the not-for-profit sector
- Proven track record for successful organization of events
- Excellent communication, speaking and writing skills, in both official languages (English and French)
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skill
- Proven experience of and ability to plan effectively
- Experience in managing resources
- Proven experience in coordinating teams to achieve a common goal
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
- Ability to travel to Toronto for the event in March 2019
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Fund Development Manager in the subject line by September 10, 2018 at 10 a.m. to: