Title: Assistant, Fund Development and Communications
Status: Full time, 12 months contract, 35 hours/per week, with possibility of renewal
Start date: October 22, 2018
Salary Range: $33,000 – $39,000 (commensurate with experience) + benefits
Application deadline: Friday October 5, 2018 before 5 p.m.
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
Under the responsibility of the Communications Manager, the Assistant, Development and Communications supports the implementation of Equitas’ fundraising and communications strategies. He / she participates in the development, coordination and administrative follow-up of fundraising activities, and provides administrative support to communications.
Tasks and main responsibilites
Development support (80%)
Philanthropy and events
- Collaborate in the conception of annual campaigns, and coordinate regular and electronic mailings.
- Participate in the preparation and writing of funding applications and solicitation strategies.
- Assist the team in planning and organizing cultivation and fundraising events.
- Write and update profiles of potential donors (companies, foundations and individuals).
- Propose actions to improve current practices.
- Keep track of philanthropy trends and available resources.
General Management and Administration
- Support the work of the Fund Development Committee: organizing meetings, taking minutes.
- Track budget and billing.
- Produce various reports and performance indicators for the management and Fund Development Committee.
- Coordinate work with volunteers and with suppliers: printers, graphic designers, etc.
- Process donations in Prodon, perform data entry and update donors’ and partners’ profiles.
- Issuing tax receipts, acknowledgements and thank you letters.
- Perform regular administrative tasks: mail, preparation of letters and documents, etc.
Communications Support (20%)
- Assist with the management of the Equitas website: update of web pages.
- Prepare newsletter and manage lists and mailing according to schedule.
- General support – social media, copywriting and translation.
- Management of the Equitas image bank.
- Support the work of the Communications Committee: organizing meetings, taking minutes.
Skills and experience:
- University degree in a relevant field for the position.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in philanthropy or communication.
- Skills in writing, communication or related field (e.g. design, marketing).
- Excellent knowledge of database management - Prodon, Salesforce.
- Experience in event planning.
- Mastery of the Office suite, knowledge of WordPress, social media and the following. platforms an asset: MailChimp or equivalent, Adobe Creative Suite
- Interpersonal skills: tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment; ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good organizational and planning ability, capacity to respect deadlines.
- Passionate about Equitas mission and values.
Language Requirements: Excellent communication, speaking and writing skills, in both official languages (English and French)
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Catalina Lomanto, HR-Office Manager at email@example.com
Deadline is Friday, October 5, 2018 before 5 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.