Title: Program Coordinator – MENA region
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: one-year full-time contract (with possibility of renewal)
Start date: TBC
Starting salary range: $39,000 – $46,000 (commensurate with experience) + benefits
Application deadline: May 10, 2018
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Educationis a non-profit organization based in Montreal that advances equality, social justice and respect for human dignity through innovative education programs globally.
Equitas is currently seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to support the implementation of its human rights education activities in the Middle East and North Africa region. It is a one-year full time position with an initial probation period of three months. There is possibility to renew the contract. The Program Coordinator must be eligible to work in Canada.
Reporting to the Equitas Senior Program Officer (PO3), Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and working in close collaboration with the members of the MENA program team, the Program Coordinator supports the strategic development and management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) of designated Equitas projects implemented in the MENA region. The Program Coordinator will particularly support the implementation of the Rawabet Technological Bridges for Citizen Engagement Initiative (2017-2020), a three-year initiative aiming to empower youth, women and marginalized groups, in particular persons living with disabilities to engage, using technology, in democratic processes and enjoy and exercise their human rights. The Initiative is implemented in Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt.
- Coordinates administrative and logistical aspects for project development and fundraising.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements for project activities in collaboration with country coordinators and partners in the region, including regional and in country meetings, training sessions and other project-related activities (team travel & accommodations, scheduling, etc.).
- Leads, when required, the implementation of specific projects activities, including the organization of face-to-face human rights education activities as well as e-learning and on-line training activities.
- Contributes to maintaining relationships with partners, funders and key stakeholders, and supports the sound implementation, administration, financial management, and evaluation of the overall project.
- Drafts narrative and financial reports to be submitted to the funders.
- Reviews, when required, the financial reports submitted by the partners.
- Supports the timely evaluation and reporting on the project’s human rights education activities (compilation of data, drafting analysis of the compilation).
- Coordinates the implementation of the project’s communication and social media strategy including: translation Arabic-English-French, preparing social media posts and website support, graphic design of promotional documents, as well as the postings for the project’s online platform – with the support of the country coordinators,.
- Manages project documents and files ensuring easy retrieval.
- Participates in project and organisational team meetings.
- Performs other duties as determined in consultation with the Program Officer-3, Middle East and North Africa.
- University degree in administration, project management, social or political science, education or any other relevant field.
- 3-5 years proven experience in project coordination including excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the political context and human rights issues in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Demonstrated experience related to human rights education and/or social justice issues.
- Experience working in the NGO sector on delivering programs for women and youth.
- Analytical skills and the ability to act with judgement and independence.
- Ability to do multiple tasks at the same time in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a cross-cultural environment with a diversity of partners.
- A high level of integrity, tact and discretion. Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience in InDesign is an asset.
- Experience in financial reporting is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and ability to work in French.
- Fluency in Arabic is a strong asset.
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Availability to work flexible hours during project’ activities.
- Ability to travel when necessary (up to 2 to 3 times a year for an average of a week at a time).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with “your name and MENA_PC” in the subject line by May 10, 2018 to: Nathalie Rodrigues : email@example.com
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org . Equitas supports employment practices that promote diversity and respect human rights and offers a competitive salary and benefits for a program position in the NGO sector.