Title: Program Assistant, Canada Program
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, one-year contract, with possibility of renewal 35 hours/per week
Application deadline: June 14, 2019 11 a.m.
Start date: July, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Are you motivated by a challenge? Are you passionate about human rights and interested in supporting Equitas with our programming in Quebec and Canada? Do you have proven experience in project management? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After recently celebrating 50 years of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world.
Equitas is looking for a Program Assistant who is passionate about human rights, equality and inclusion and has planning and organizational skills. Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the Program Assistant will be responsible to assist with the implementation of its human rights education programs in Quebec and Canada.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics and assist with the implementation of human rights education activities (e.g. National Youth Forum, public events in Canada)
- Contribute to Equitas communications in Canada (including translation English-French, preparing social media posts and website support)
- Assist in data collection for funding reports
- Manage the database
- Contribute to the creation of educational tools
- Actively participate in Equitas activities
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Senior Program Officer
Skills and experience:
- 1-2 years proven experience in project management: excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills in French and English
- Communications experience including social media and website support.
- Experience working with community organizations and/or schools delivering programs for children and youth is an asset.
- Knowledge of youth leadership or social justice issues in Quebec and Canada is an asset.
- Analytical skills and the ability to act independently
- Ability to do multiple tasks at the same time in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a cross-cultural environment with a diversity of partners
- Enthusiasm, tact and adaptability
- Strong skills in information management (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook; experience in InDesign is an asset)
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French are required.
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Program Assistant, Canada Program in the subject line by June 14, 2019 before 11:00 a.m. to: