Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, one-year contract, with possibility of renewal 35 hours/per week
Application deadline: May 24, 2019 (extended until June 2nd)
Start date: June 2, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and interested in supporting Equitas with Achieving Equality through Human Rights Education (Achieving Equality) project? Do you have proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After recently celebrating 50 years’ of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world. The Achieving Equality through Human Rights Education (Achieving Equality) project aims to advance gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in 5 target countries and globally through: increased leadership of women and girls in community mobilization activities; enhance collaboration among women’s organizations and human rights groups; and increased access for women’s organizations to influence decision-makers.
Equitas is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer to lead the coordination of the M&E and reporting of the newly established Achieving Equality project. Reporting to the Program Management Officer, this person will work in close consultation with the Director of Programs, the Director of Education and the Gender Advisor. Also collaborating with the Achieving Equality project teams as well as the Evaluation learning team and other learning teams, she/he will lead the coordination of the M&E and reporting processes of Achieving Equality project.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Planning and coordination of monitoring and evaluation of the Achieving Equality project
- Coordinate design, development and implementation of Achieving Equality M&E framework and plans – including the logic model, performance measurement framework (PMF) and evaluation plan;
- Coordinate the development of M&E tools and guidance for gathering data to monitor achievement of key results of the Achieving Equality project;
- Provide support and guidance to Achieving Equality project teams in planning for and executing M&E, including data collection methodology and tools, data management, analysis and use;
- Lead the development and management of system for Achieving Equality M&E data management
- Coordinate tracking of results, analysis of data, identification of challenges and opportunities, potential gaps and strategies to address them;
- Undertakes M&E visits in targeted countries or communities, as time and resources permit.
- Planning and coordination of reporting for AEHRE project
- Plan and coordinate Achieving Equality reporting processes, working in close collaboration with Program Management Officer, Gender Advisor, Project teams and Director of Programs and Director of Education;
- Ensure timely submission and quality of reports as stipulated in the project agreement through providing guidance, coordinating preparation and drafting and reviewing reports;
- Prepare Achieving Equality consolidated narrative reports and annual plans;
- Liaise with funding agencies in matters related to M&E and reporting.
- Building internal capacity
- Work in close collaboration with the Evaluation Learning Team to lead efforts to build staff capacity in M&E and reporting (including training and coaching support, and development of guidance and tools);
- Contribute to capacity building of partners to support the integration M&E and reporting into their activities and organizational practices;
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Knowledge building and sharing
- Co-lead evaluation learning team;
- Actively contribute to Equitas’ knowledge- sharing tools related to sharing good practices in M&E;
- Represent Equitas at different forums, knowledge networks and communities of practice as appropriate.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame and PMF design and development of M&E strategies;
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Director of Programs and the Program Management Officer.
Skills and experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in program/project monitoring, evaluation and reporting in either national or international development of human rights organizations;
- University-level academic or professional training in international development, human rights and/or program monitoring and evaluation considered an asset;
- Experience with diverse monitoring and evaluation methods, including how to collect data from organizations working at the grassroots level;
- Experience in setting up and managing project monitoring and evaluation system;
- Recent experience in developing Logic Model and Performance Management Frameworks and project reporting for Global Affairs Canada is a strong asset;
- Understanding of human rights-based approach, Gender-based analysis and innovative approaches is strongly desired;
- Good knowledge of results-based management (RBM);
- Excellent management and coordination skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills: tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Experience in working in a cross-cultural setting;
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing, database, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values, experience working in a non-profit organization on human rights or social justice issues;
- Someone who will bring enthusiasm, dynamism and innovation to Equitas;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Language Requirements: ability to communicate orally, and read and understand documents, in both of Canada’s official languages (English and French); and excellent writing skills in both languages
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector. Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer in the subject line by June 2nd, 2019 to: