Title: Operations and IT Manager
Organization: Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: one-year full-time contract (with possibility of renewal)
Start date: Beginning of July, 2017
Language: Excellent / very good communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages of Canada
Application deadline: June 30, 2017
Equitas is currently seeking a full-time Operations and IT Manager to support maintaining the physical and IT infrastructure, equipment and supplies necessary to fulfill Equitas’ mission.
Reporting to the Executive Director, S/he works closely with the Controller, the Office Manager and the Program Management Officer.
This is a one-year full time position with the possibility to renew the contract.
Information Technology support for programs (50%)
- Oversee the selection, procurement, installation and maintenance of all equipment required for program delivery, including computer hardware, software, telecommunication systems and all other products and supplies necessary to fulfill Equitas’ needs.
- Provide support and coaching to overseas partners related to IT.
- In consultation with key Equitas stakeholders, identify cybersecurity risks and implement strategic solutions.
- Coordinate with service providers and staff to ensure ongoing preventive maintenance and trouble-shooting for IT systems and equipment for program delivery.
Information Technology for the organization (40%)
- Provide leadership in introducing new technologies to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency and collaboration of all team members in serving Equitas mission.
- Manage Equitas IT platforms and provide support and training to users.
- Work with users and Management Team to identify technological challenges, present and implement cost effective and creative solutions.
- Evaluate new equipment, software and processes continuously, recommend changes as appropriate and oversee their installation.
- Oversee data development and management of relevant data bases (i.e. fundraising, communications, etc.)
Management of physical space, equipment and supplies (10%)
- Manage office space to ensure appropriate working environment, ensuring access to facilities and maintaining security of the premises.
- Manage inventory of office equipment and supplies; review and approve office supply acquisitions in accordance with annual budgets.
- Oversee and support changes to the physical working environment, including coordination with service providers.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in office administration and a minimum of 1 year of experience in IT field (computer hardware and software)
- A graduate diploma in information technology and/or equivalent industry experience ; computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Strong organizational skills with an excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Experience in IT project management
- Good knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365 environments
- Good knowledge of the SalesForce platform
- communication skills
- judgment and problem solving
- planning and organizing
- work and time management
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- coaching skills
- tact, diplomacy and discretion
- teamwork and collaboration
- A team player able who is also able to take the initiative
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission vision and values
What we offer:
- A dynamic, diverse and welcoming team of colleagues and partners;
- A community of people with common values, lived daily; to work for a recognized Human Rights Education organization; to express your opinion freely; a job where you learn and grow constantly;
- Excellent group insurance, work schedules and policies that allow you to balance work and personal life.
Equitas supports employment practices that promote diversity and respect human rights. For further information about our mission consult our website at www.equitas.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.