Title: Education Specialist – Level 2 MENA
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, one-year contract, with possibility of renewal 35 hours/per week
Application deadline: July 10, 2019 11 a.m.
Start date: August, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and interested in supporting Equitas with our program in the MENA region? Do you have proven experience in educational program development, design and evaluation? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you. Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After recently celebrating 50 of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world. Equitas is seeking a highly motivated Education Specialist who cares passionately about human rights, equality and inclusion and is experienced in designing, developing and facilitating educational material. The Education Specialist, MENA will develop, deliver and evaluate Equitas’ human rights education activities in the region. Reporting to the Director of Education, the successful candidate is a team player and will work in close collaboration with Program Officers assigned to the region as well as other Education Specialists.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Design and Development of Educational Materials
- Undertake instructional design for mainly text-based training resources(i.e., content development, text design, production of training materials for publication)
- Review and revises education materials in consultation with program staff and partner organizations
- Lead development of content for the online educational platform for the project.
- Program Delivery
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions in the MENA region. This includes working with partners in the MENA region to develop training content, facilitating sessions, orientation of local facilitating team, leading and/or participating in daily debriefing sessions during the training, ensuring effective evaluation
- Provide coaching and follow up related to educational design, training, evaluation and implementation of local actions
- Participate, as needed, in other activities related to program delivery including carrying out related administrative functions
- Prepare and carry out baseline studies and needs validation
- Design evaluation and monitoring processes and tools, analyze data and prepare reports
- Communications and Knowledge Sharing
- Contribute to the promotion of Equitas’ education programs and activities on social media, on the Equitas Community, on the Equitas website, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of Equitas’ knowledge strategy, internally and externally
- Contribute to the management of the Equitas education resources
- Conduct information/ training sessions for Equitas staff
- Share good practices with Equitas knowledge partners, at conferences and other events, and within communities of practice to increase understanding of human rights education and Equitas programs
- Program Development
- Contributes to the development of new programs, program strategy, and annual planning and reporting
- Contributes to funding proposals
- Participates in meetings with key stakeholders, partners, decision makers
- Participation in the planning, development, evaluation and delivery of the annual International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP) as required
- Contributes, as assigned, to continued growth and strengthening of Equitas and its programs.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in learner-centered curriculum design and delivery of training
- Formal education/training in instructional design/curriculum development (or equivalent experience)
- Proven skills in development, implementation, and evaluation of education activities
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organization
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-cultural setting with diverse program partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Experience in design of online training courses (an asset)
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word for text design, InDesign, Photoshop, Survey Monkey for data collection and analysis, Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of SharePoint, Salesforce and other programs an asset)
- Knowledge of international human rights and social justice issues is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience working with gender equality approaches an asset
Excellent communication, speaking and writing skills, in Arabic and English. Working knowledge of French.
- Applicants must
- have the right to work in Canada
- be able to travel and participate in programs in MENA region 3 to 4 times a year
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector. Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Education Specialist MENA in the subject line by July 10, 2019 to: