Title: Communications and Community Officer
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: Full time, one-year contract, with possibility of renewal 35 hours/per week
Application deadline: May 10, 2019 5 p.m.
Start date: May 27, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
Are you passionate about human rights? Are you interested in actively posting on and discussing human rights issues on social media and other online spaces? Are you familiar with new technologies and motivated by learning? Are you creative and bilingual? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. Equitas is dedicated to advancing equality, social justice and respect for human dignity in Canada and around the world through human rights education. Equitas is seeking a highly motivated Communications and Community Officer who cares passionately about human rights, equality and inclusion and is experienced in contributing to the management of online spaces, including social media platforms, forums and websites.
Under the responsibility of the Communications Manager, the Communications and Community Officer supports Equitas’ Knowledge and Building Sharing strategy by creating and publishing engaging content and administering the online Equitas Community, a human rights education community of practice that gathers more than 3,500 defenders and human rights educators from around the world. He / she will participate in the development and coordination of diverse communications activities, with a focus on contributing to content creation for Equitas’ social networks, website and online Community of Practice. He / she will work closely with the Education Specialist responsible for the online Equitas Community.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
Content Creation and Social Curating (Web, Social Media, Newsletter and Community of Practice)
- Contribute to the development, execution and administration of an online engagement strategy (align with editorial line, target audiences and key messaging across social networks, Community of Practice and website)
- Write and publish blog articles and engaging social media publications in French and English on topics related to human rights, the impact of Equitas’ projects, current news, discussions in online networks, interviews with human rights defenders and educators, etc.
- Curate social media spaces to encourage further engagement in line with social media strategy (ex. reposting, sharing and liking)
- Respond to comments made on online spaces (Equitas Community and social media platforms) related to publications and engage followers/members
- Participate in the development of content strategies to motivate target audiences and donors
- Build and manage paid social advertising campaigns
- Develop content and prepare layout for newsletters, as well as manage lists and mailings according to schedule
- Manage data collection and statistical analysis (social, web)
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends and platform changes and propose actions to improve current practices
- Create visually aesthetic publications for online spaces (ex. image montages, gifs, short videos or motion graphics, info-graphics)
- Ensure a link between different online spaces (Equitas Community, social media, web) in alignment with online engagement strategy
Communications – Other
- Assist with the management of Equitas’ website (ex. update of web pages)
- Assist the t Communications and Fund Development team in planning and organising cultivation and fundraising events
- Coordinate work with volunteers and with suppliers: printers, graphic designers, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Communications Manager in media relations, events and any other related field
- Contribute to the management of the Equitas image bank
- Participate in internal Knowledge Building and Sharing Learning Team
- Contribute to the creation of an Human Rights Education database
- Translate, edit and revise texts
Administration of Equitas’ online Community of Practice and Learning Platform
- Maintain and nurture the English and French versions of the Equitas Community, a community of practice of human rights educators
- Ensure overall health and vitality of the Equitas Community. This will involve:
- Daily monitoring of activity on the platform and acting as a front-line interface to users
- Stimulating discussions on the forums and starting new discussions on relevant/trending thematic topics in human rights education
- Sharing online resources and/or good practices related to human rights education
- Responding to requests and providing ongoing technical and administrative support to users (ex. adding and removing accounts, resetting passwords)
- Troubleshooting issues and recommending enhancements to the platform to ensure daily operation and upkeep
- Support the delivery of online learning activities such as facilitating online conversations and/or coordinating webinars on topics related to human rights education and gender equality, in collaboration with the Education Unit
- Create and publish engaging publications stemming from online conversations on Equitas online channels
- Provide technical assistance/training/advice to Equitas staff, interns and program participants on the effective use of the online platform
- Manage data collection and statistical analysis
- Meet with the Education Specialist responsible for the Equitas Community bi-monthly to report on the online activity and discuss ways to improve participant engagement
- Contribute to maintaining positive relationships with the Equitas’ alumni and other stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- University degree in a relevant field for the position
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in communication, marketing, social media management
- Skills in writing, communication or related field (e.g. design, marketing)
- High level of proficiency in social media management and knowledge of tools and trends in social media
- Solid knowledge of content management systems (CMS such as WordPress or other) and tools and trends in web management
- Solid knowledge of learning management systems (LMS such as Moodle or other)
- Mastery of Office suite
- Proficiency with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of graphic design, photography, video and video editing is an asset
- Knowledge of following software an asset: MailChimp or equivalent, Hootsuite or equivalent, Canva or equivalent, Final Cut Pro or equivalent, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm and adaptability
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment; ability to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good organizational and planning ability, capacity to respect deadlines and manage priorities
- Ability to write in different styles depending on the platform and audience
- Passionate about Equitas mission and values, interest in issues related to human rights in Canada and around the world
- Ability to work efficiently and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural and bilingual environment
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
Excellent communication, speaking and writing skills, in both official languages (English and French)
For further information about Equitas consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) by email with your name and Communications and Community Officer in the subject line by Friday, May 10, 2019 before 5 p.m. to: