Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Equitas – International Centre for Human Rights Education
Location: Montreal, Canada
Status: full time positions, 6-month contract, with possibility of renewal (35 hours/per week)
Application deadline: July 26 , 2019
Start date: inmediately
Are you motivated by challenges? Are you passionate about human rights and
interested in supporting Equitas? Do you have proven experience in administrative tasks? If so, Equitas has an exciting opportunity for you.
Based in Montreal, Equitas is Canada’s most established and active human rights education organization. After recently celebrating 50 years of success in 2017, Equitas continues to deliver innovative human rights education programs to advance equality, inclusion, respect for human dignity, and social change in Canada and around the world.
Equitas is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is passionate about human rights, equality and inclusion and has planning and organizational skills. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible to assist with diverse tasks to support the organizational operation.
Tasks and main responsibilities
- Prepare agendas, minutes and circulate these in timely manner in consultation with the Executive Director and the Board Chair
- Maintain files related to the Board
- Provide support as needed to support their full participation in Board and organizational activities
- Manage organizational correspondence, including email addresses and post as needed
- Receive, send and sort correspondence; greet and ensure that visitors are directed to the appropriate person in the office
- Contribute to manage volunteer communication, coordination and follow up
- Manage the inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Contribute to maintaining an organized work space
- Help coordinate special events such as lunches or meetings for employees
- Contribute to Equitas internal communication (including translation English-French translation, preparation of newsletter, preparation of communications for employees, etc.)
- Contribute to recruitment processes (reference confirmation, scheduling interviews, etc.)
- Actively participate in Equitas activities
- Other tasks, as required defined by the Office Manager or the Executive Director
Skills and experience:
- 2 years proven experience in administrative work
- Human resources experience is an asset
- Excellent communication, speaking and writing skills in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience in communication, including website management is an asset
- Experience working with community organizations is an asset
- Analytical skills and the ability to act independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to carry out several tasks
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a cross-cultural environment with a diversity of partners
- Enthusiasm, tact and adaptability
- Strong skills in information management (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience with Salesforce is an asset)
- Commitment to Equitas’ mission and values
- Applicants must have the right to work in Canada
For further information about Equitas please consult our website at www.equitas.org. Equitas is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Equitas offers a competitive salary and benefits in the NGO sector.
Equitas thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send 1 attachment (cover letter and C.V.) with your name and Administrative Assistant, in the subject line by July 26, 2019 to: